MA, LPC, Certified Advanced Hypnotherapist, Certified BodyMind Somanautics Practitioner
I believe that everyone on this planet deserves
and joyful, effortless self-expression.
These are your birthright as a human being. They’re simple, essential, and true.
Yet what’s simple isn’t always easy: life has a way of twisting our essence. Relationships become battlegrounds. Genuine self-expression becomes painfully vulnerable.
I’ve dedicated my life to finding ways to untangle these knots.
My search has led me to fascinating and colorful places. I’ve studied a dozen approaches, modalities, and schools of personal transformation. Each one of them offered a piece in the puzzle of healing — but I’m a radically curious, whole-picture kinda woman. So I kept seeking, studying, and exploring. I’ve racked up more certifications than I ever imagined I would — and each step of the way filled in the gaps, opened new doors, and raised more questions. Here’s my street cred:
- I studied pre-med as an undergrad ~ loved the body-centric geekery; hated studying for the MCAT’s!
- I earned a Master’s in Transpersonal Psychology from Naropa University ~ I rediscovered the joys of intuition, self-awareness, and deep exploration.
- I worked as a Family and Child therapist for a nonprofit agency for 3 years ~ I wanted so badly to make a difference in people’s lives, but my supervisors kept telling me to lower my expectations. Uh, I don’t think so! So the search continued …
- I noticed that most of my clients’ issues could be traced back to some sort of trauma ~ so I completed a Level I training in Sensory Motor Psychotherapy for the treatment of trauma with Pat Ogden.
- I earned a Certified Advanced Hypnotherapist at the Wellness Institute ~ and my clients began healing deep traumas with unprecedented speed and ease.
- Following the rabbit hole even deeper, I learned Past-Life and Life-Between-Lives Soul Regression at the Raven Heart Center.
- I was reluctant to take any more trainings, but the universe conspired through serendipitous meetings and other tomfoolery to push me into a certification in Mind-Energy-Body Guidance from the ME-B Institute. It validated and fine-tuned the heart-centered, energetic work I was already intuitively practicing.
- Everything fell into place when I found BodyMind Somanautics. It was the culmination of everything I’d already learned — finally, the holistic approach I’d been searching for! I completed a 2-year training with Annie Brook (total rockstar!) and it changed everything about my practice.
After decades of training and rigorous personal exploration, I’ve concocted my personal approach to sustainable transformation. (And I love every minute of it!)
It’s simple, liberating (and sometimes even silly)!
Not only do my clients rave about the results, but it’s totally changed my life. I’m so grateful for this work. Supporting people through gentle, radical transformation is a great honor and delight. And along the way, I’ve grown into a softer, truer version of myself — the self I always knew I was, deep down — yet had difficulty expressing.
And who is this Julie person, you ask?
~ I’m driven by unbridled curiosity, optimism, and compassion.
~ Once, I dropped everything and moved to Costa Rica for 2 years. It was awesome.
~ If I were a superhero, I would fly and breathe underwater and have Soul-O-Vision: a magical method of showing everyone how beautifully connected, loved, and whole we all are.
~ My personal motto is, “Do something each day that makes you uncomfortable.” It’s served me well.
~ I can make clover shapes with my tongue.
~ I used to play semi-professional soccer.
~ I practiced take-offs and landings in a plane — I didn’t tell my parents until afterwards (for which they thanked me profusely).
~ I’ve gone on a 4-day vision quest, sans food. It was weird and wild and wonderful.
~I love dogs (well, all animals, really!), spontaneous adventures, and ah-ha moments.
~ I’m far more interested in the journey than the destination.
There are a bajillion million types of therapy available to us now. (I know: I’ve studied a bunch of them!) So why are so many people struggling to make sustainable change? What we need isn’t more therapy: it’s smarter therapy.
I play particularly well with motivated “self-help junkies” who are ready to stop chasing symptoms and heal the root causes of their patterns. People who have already done some work, are willing to delve deep, and be finally, fully free.
If you’re ready for lasting change, I can help.
Learn more about what I offer or
contact me to set up a free, 15-minute phone consultation.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous?
Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn’t serve the world. There’s nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us, it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. ~Marianne Williamson