I offer clinical supervision to therapists in the Boulder area. Whether you are just starting out, or you have been practicing for many years, I can help you achieve breakthrough results and get unstuck with clients and within yourself.
My Approach to Clinical Supervision
A major tenant of my approach to therapy and supervision is humor. If you can’t laugh at yourself, then I will laugh at you, for you ;). I take the profession very seriously and this is serious work that we do, but that doesn’t mean we need to approach the work with a dour attitude. The old school paradigm where the therapist sits in a chair and acts detached is just that–OLD. I disagree with this model. If we are interacting with people during their most vulnerable moments, then authenticity, compassion and humor is essential to their feeling safe, trusting and ultimately to their growth. We model what being authentically human is all about and then they can feel ok being human themselves(with all of their own weirdness and craziness)!
I primarily draw upon developmental and attachment perspectives, but I am also bring all of my training modalities into play. Of course, we tackle issues of counter transference, which often times are the areas in which we are stuck with our clients. I guide my therapists through their own blockages so they can, in turn, be better therapists for their own clients.
My Qualifications for Clinical Supervision:
- Master of Arts from Naropa University in Transpersonal Psychology with a Marriage, Family, Couples and Child Emphasis
- BA from The Colorado College in Premed and Psychology
- PACT Training for couples
- Somatic and Movement Centered Training and Certification
- Prenatal and Perinatal Training and Certification
- Somanautics TA
- Mind Energy Body Training and Certification
- Mind Energy Body TA
- Certified Advanced Hypnotherapist
- Level 1 certified Sensorimotor Psychotherapy for the treatment of trauma
- Past Life Regression and Life Between Lives Certifications
If you would like to explore options for clinical supervision, please call me at (303) 396-8084.